This course is a design-oriented course aimed at understanding fabrication, parameters, and specifications of integrated circuits, MOSFETs, Op-Amps as well as their applications in the Analog domain. Below are some of the course outcomes.
INTENDED AUDIENCE :
- To understand and analyze the Op-Amps.
- The ability to understand the IC Technology and equipment used in fabrication.
- To understand feedback techniques and types of Noise.
- Ability to design amplifiers using Op-Amps.
- Ability to analyze and design filters using Op-Amps,
- To develop the skill to build and troubleshoot Analog circuits
Engineering Students, Faculty from Engineering CollegesPREREQUISITES :
B.Tech./B.E./M.Sc. and M.Tech./M.E.INDUSTRY SUPPORT :
COURSE LAYOUT Week 1:Introduction to Integrated Circuit Technology
Week 2: Fabrication processes for Integrated Circuits
Week 3:Understanding Op-Amps
Week 4:CMRR of an Op-Amp and Offset voltages and currents
Week 5: MOSFETs Fabrication and Applications
Week 6: Frequency Response and Feedback techniques for Integrated Circuits
Week 7: Comparators, Instrumentation Amplifiers, Filters
Week 8: Oscillators
Week 9: MOSFETs Current Mirrors
Week 10: Noise, Op-Amp Circuits Analog-to-Digital Converter (ADC)
Week 11: Digital-to-Analog Converter (DAC) using Op-Amps
Week 12: Understanding the Datasheet of Op-Amps