1. Evolution, Nature and definitions of marketing
2. Core Concepts of Marketing,Functions and Importance of Marketing
3. Marketing concepts/philosophies, Selling Vs. Marketing
4. Need for environmental analysis; nature of marketing environment.
1. Types of marketing environment; macro and micro; economic, demographic environment and strategies to deal with these different environments.
2. Types of marketing environment; social cultural and technical; Political, legal and E-Business environment and strategies to deal with these different environments.
3. Micro environments: suppliers, distributors consumers and competitors and strategies to deal with these different environments.
4. Importance of environmental analysis and Indian Marketing environment, Ethical issues in terms of product, pricing, promotional strategies and distribution system, Roles & responsibility and social responsibilities of a marketing manager.
1. Types of marketing I: Digital; Internet, Affiliate; multi-level marketing.
2. Types of marketing II: Global and other types of marketing, Evolution of marketing information system.
3. Marketing and information, The dimensions of marketing information systems.
4. Marketing information system design and steps in MIS design, Role and importance of MIS
1. Importance of marketing research; scope, role and objectives of marketing research; Types of marketing research: exploratory, descriptive and causal.
2. Process of marketing research-problem identification; definition and characteristics of marketing problems.
3. Developing a market research plan, research design.
4. Collection of data: sources of data, methods of data collection.
1. Analysis of collected data.
2. Preparation of research report, Types of scales.
3. Consumer behaviour defined; why study consumer behaviour.
4. 7O’s framework; kotler’s consumer buying behaviour model, Factors influencing consumer behaviour.
1.Stages of consumer buying process
2.Participants in the buying process and various groups interested in consumer behavior, Organisational buyer behaviour and its nature; difference between personal consumer and industrial consumer
3.Stages of industrial buying process, Factors influencing industrial buying behaviour
4.Consumerism and public issues, Types of buying behaviour, Different types of buying motives, Consumer market in India
1.Market segmentation concept and importance, Criteria and bases for market segmentation.
2.Segmentation of markets for industrial goods, segmentation bases for institutional markets.
3.Guidelines for selecting Target market, approaches to target market.
4.Positioning of product and services; importance and effective positioning.
1.Positioning process, Market Repositioning.
2.Product Differentiation Vs Market Segmentation, Contemporary Issues In Marketing.