Rationale for developing this Course
The world is truly becoming a small place and people, irrespective of their place of origin, are striving to be global citizens. Under the influence of the market economy there is an ever growing demand for language experts worldwide. India is also not far behind and now considered one of the fastest growing economies of the world, thanks to its phenomenal growth in the service sector. To meet the requirements of this sector HR departments are always on the look for the professionals proficient in foreign languages. As far as Russian language is concerned, India has always shared a cordial relation with Russia post independence and has been majorly dependent on Russia for its defence needs. To facilitate these trade requirements, the foreign language institutes are forever busy training the professionals in Russian language. The universities have also included Russian language in its regular curriculum of the graduate programs as an optional subject. This course is also such an attempt to train the students and prepare them for the market and fill the gap of demand and supply of Russian language experts.
The objectives of the course are
- To develop the following skills: listening, speaking, reading & writing. Learners should be able to
- Participate in simple conversations in various day to day situations.
- Read and understand simple texts.
- Write brief texts, dialogues, descriptions etc.
- To develop the creative aspect of language learning i.e. the ability to work out different patterns and combinations with the help of basic grammatical structures and lexical items.
- To introduce the learner to different aspects of life and culture of the people who speak the language.
- Pursue advanced studies in Russian language.
- Pursue careers in the field of Russian language.