This course covers mathematical topics in trigonometry. Trigonometry is the study of triangle angles and lengths, but trigonometric functions have far reaching applications beyond simple studies of triangles. This course is designed to help prepare students to enroll for a first semester course in single variable calculus.
Upon completing this course, you will be able to:
1. Evaluate trigonometric functions using the unit circle and right triangle approaches
2. Solve trigonometric equations
3. Verify trigonometric identities
4. Prove and use basic trigonometric identities.
5. Manipulate trigonometric expressions using standard identities
6. Solve right triangles
7. Apply the Law of Sines and the Law of Cosines
Emma Abbott completed this course, spending 10 hours a week on it and found the course difficulty to be hard.
This course is college level - students will need to have a good background in algebra to get the best out of this one. I found the notation for entering equations a bit of a challenge to get my head around, if you are even one digit off it will mark you wrong. The lecture videos are good though, quite engaging even with a bit of So-Cal accent:)
Salvador Pio Alonday
Salvador Pio Alonday is taking this course right now, spending 10 hours a week on it and found the course difficulty to be hard.