NOTE: This course has been divided into two courses: Descriptive and Inferential Statistics. If you are new to statistics, we recommend taking these courses instead.
We live in a time of unprecedented access to information...data. Whether researching the best school, job, or relationship, the Internet has thrown open the doors to vast pools of data. Statistics are simply objective and systematic methods for describing and interpreting information so that you may make the most informed decisions about life.Why Take This Course?
- The applications of statistics to everyday life
- Methods for acquiring data through observation and experimentation
- To organize and describe quantitative and categorical forms of data
- Anticipating patterns using basic probability and sampling
- Statistical inference through estimation and hypothesis testing
- Correlation and simple regression
- Ways of describing the strength of relationships between variables