What you'll learn:
- In this course you will go through an Introduction to SIEM, its Key Objectives, Defence in Depth, Corporate environment, Log Management
- You will get an introduction to Splunk's user interface and will be conversant with the UI post this session.
- Start using Splunk's basic transforming commands and create reports, dashboards and alerts.
- You will start using Splunk Enterprise Security
- You will learn the different types of viruses: Boot sector, Program, Macro
- You will also learn types other than viruses: Virus Hoaxes, Trojan Horses, Worms, Spam, Adware, Spyware
- You will have clarity on what an Anti-Virus is, types of Anti-Virus products, how does Anti-virus work and examples of Anti-virus software's
- Learn more on Security Devices, Encryption, Reliable passwords, use of anti-virus software and modern advanced network security devices.
- Email: SMTP, Email system, webmail architecture - IMAP4 based, Email based attacks - social engineering, proxy server
- Cyber security incidence response: what is it?, examples, purpose of incident response, cyber security incidents, meantime to resolution etc
- Understand and Manage Vulnerabilities
In this course you will go through an Introduction to SIEM, its Key objectives, Defence in depth, Corporate environment, Log management, Why siem is necessary, Use cases, Elements of siem, Big 3 for siem, SIEM process flow, Typical features of siem, Event life cycle, Soc controls and Management, SIEM Architecture, 8 critical features of SIEM and SIEM Deployment options. You will also get an introduction to Splunk's user interface and will be conversant with the UI. You can start using the Splunk's basic transforming commands, can create reports and dashboards, you will know how to save and share reports and also can create alerts.
You will gain real time insights on Security information and event management and Security event manager
You will identify threats and possible breaches and collect audit logs for security and compliance. You will be able to conduct investigations and provide evidence.
You will learn that Defense in Depth (DiD) is an approach to cybersecurity in which a series of defensive mechanisms are layered in order to protect valuable data and information.
You can understand how an attacker can come in and tries to understand how a corporate environment is setup of a target.
You will learn what SIEM and Log Management mean for businesses & how to use them more effectively to mitigate risk for your company.
You will learn that SIEM is necessary because of the rise in data breaches and to meet stringent compliance requirements
Learn the right approach to building SIEM use cases, how to organize and prioritize use cases effectively.
You will learn the SIEM elements, Big 3, Process flow, Features, Event life cycle, SOC controls and mgmt, SIEM architecture, Dashboards and Use cases
You will revisit features of SIEM and learn SIEM deployment options like self-hosted, self-managed to Hybrid-model, Jointly-managed. You will understand the business benefits of SIEM.
SIEM Essentials Quiz
You will understand Splunk's user interface -UI. You will be able to navigate UI features on your own: Navigating splunk web: splunk home, splunk bar, splunk web,getting date into splunk, how to specify data inputs, where splunk stores data, getting tutorial data into splunk, using splunk search, search actions and modes, search results tools, events, what are fields, extracted fields, find and select fields,run more targeted searches, use the search language, learn with search assistant
You can start using the Splunk's basic transforming commands, can create reports and dashboards, you will know how to save and share reports and also can create alerts after completing these sections.
You will go through a live case study on how Fortinet's FortiSIEM works right from the foundation.
You will learn what vulnerabilities are and will master to manage them
Good content delivered by very knowledgeable individual ~ Sifiso
Excellent course for the professionals who want to enter/know SIEM or to improve their existing skill set.. Lecturer is a real time professional who has in-depth knowledge of what he is teaching and making sure that it reaches to listeners... Also for the guys who want to learn Splunk ~ Ram
This course lays the foundation for SIEM, the instructor is a working professional and gave real time examples which made it easier to understand. Expecting more sections to be added, Highly recommend to Beginners! ~ Souha Djim
It has in-depth knowledge of Splunk and is very insightful ~ Megha Sahai
One of the Best ~ Mehedi Hasan
Yes.I got a very good understanding of SIEM and way to go further. Thanks Udemy for this wonderful course. WIll subscribe to new courses in future as and when my need increases. ~ Chandrasekaran Lakshmanan
It is a very good one because I am in the cyber Security field. I would recommend it to my friends. ~ Jeffery Osuya
This is very very important Tutorial series for those who are seeking to increase their skillset and knowledge. This very valuable for me and my carrier. Thank you. ~ Yes, Its a perfect match according to my career, as i want to become the SOC analyst. It is a right course for me. ~ Syed Ali Hassnain
It is a great learning session & useful for learners & professionals , thank u for given wonderful opportunity to learn ...
~ Madupalli Satheesh
Going good. Excited to go thorough the remaining course. ~ Sumanta Banerjee