Accelerate your Product Management career. Master communication, people management, & leadership
What you'll learn:
- How to Become a Leader
- How to communicate effectively and persuasively like a leader
- How to design and deliver effective presentations (including a real time case study)
- How to tell a story and present like Steve Jobs
- How to master public speaking
- How to use body language to your advantage
- Gain an understanding of personality types and how to use them in the workplace
- How to influence people in the right direction
- How to increase your visibility within your company
- What to do when first taking on a product management job
- How the product management hierarchy and career path works
- How to get a promotion
- How to maximize your personal brand
- Understand how to manage product managers and other people
- Tips for managing your own boss and even executives above you
- Tips from a full length interview with Ron Feldman, VP of Product at Managed by Q, one of New York's hottest startups
To quickly move up the product management career ladder, you'll need to master two skills: communication and leadership. This advanced course will give you step-by-step advice on how to do just that. In fact, the guidelines covered in each section are applicable to any professional role and may even boost your personal life too.
Split into four parts, the course offers both expert guidance and real world examples. The first section focuses on communication strategies. Excel at Steve Jobs-esque storytelling, get help with public speaking and learn how to deal with colleagues in one-on-one scenarios. The second group of lectures aims to help you become a better leader, whether that's getting to grips with influencing people or figuring out how to elevate your profile within a company.
Next up is career acceleration. This is where you'll hear about all the job opportunities that come from product management and how to climb that ladder as swiftly as possible. Last but not least is people management. You may not be someone's boss right now, but understanding how to manage a team of people is a vital skill for the future.
By the end, you should have a clear idea of what it takes to become a top-rated product manager. And you'll know how to put every tip and trick into action. So whether you want to remain at your current level or move up to a role with more responsibility, you'll have the knowledge and confidence to do so.
Cole Mercerhas been a Senior Product Manager at Soundcloud, Bonobos, Mass Relevance, and has taught the Product Management course at General Assembly in Manhattan, NYC. He is now a full-time Product Management and Strategy consultant.
Evan Kimbrellis a top rated Udemy instructor with numerous courses focused on Entrepreneurship. His courses have over 300,000 enrolled students and more than 16,000 five star reviews. For the past few years, he has also been running a digital agency that has produced over 100 web and mobile products.