Use Flash and Actionscript 3 to program a side scrolling game that could be played online, on Android, or iOs devices.
What you'll learn:
- Program at least one level of a side scrolling game
Justin Dike, lead developer and owner of CartoonSmart.com teaches every step in programming a side scrolling Flash game with Actionscript 3. Use the arrow keys to move a character around and attack while traversing a vector based environment (you can easily draw the entire level to play on using vector shapes or movie clips.
Also included is alternate code to use with a mobile device's accelerometer (tested on the Android & iPhone OS). Topics include:
- Add new classes for different enemies.
- Add new classes for objects like coins to collect.
- Swap in new art to easily create new levels (just cut and paste, or draw in new art).
- Add more levels, including animation that the player could collide with.
- Add more objectives (items to pick up or areas on the board to go to)
- Adjust how many enemies are on stage, where they spawn from, and how often they appear.
- Change the physics of the game, speed or attack intensities of the enemies
As usual with Justin's tutorials, source files are included.