Create a chat web app using Amazon Web Services - Lambda, DynamoDB, API Gateway, S3, Cognito, CloudFront, and more.
What you'll learn:
- Build a chat application entirely with AWS services, and no stand-alone servers at all
- Architect and design serverless applications
- Serve static resources to browsers using AWS's S3 (Simple Storage Service)
- Manage permissions and access policies using IAM (Identity and Access Management)
- Manipulate and vend data in the cloud using AWS Lambda
- Use CORS to manage client-side security in serverless apps
- Store and retrieve data with DynamoDB
- Model API's and create SDK's with API Gateway
- Create a user login system with Cognito
- Speed up your web app with a CloudFront CDN
Immerse yourself in Amazon Web Services (AWS) with this hands-on, project-based course - and truly internalize some highly valuable skills in the world of technology. We'll walk you through building your own chat website using nothing but AWS services - and no standalone services or server instances at all!
Building a "serverless app" using AWS and its Lambda service is a great introduction to the core services AWS offers. As you create your chat application, you'll learn and use the following AWS services:
- S3 (Simple Storage Service)- For storing static HTMLand vending it to your users' browsers
- Lambda - For executing logic in the cloud for storing and retrieving data in your application
- IAM (Identity and Access Management)- For securing access to your services
- APIGateway - For presenting a well-modeled API to your clients and automatically generating client-side code to communicate with it
- DynamoDB - For quickly storing and retrieving data at scale
- Cognito - For managing users, account creation, and logins securely
- CloudFront - For accelerating the delivery of your site to end users with a CDN
Even if you're familiar with AWS, you'll learn valuable techniques on how to build a fully functional, dynamic website without maintaining any servers at all - not even via EC2!
Your highly experienced guides through this project are Frank Kane, formerly a senior manager at Amazon, and Brian Tajuddin, a principal engineer also formerly working at Amazon. You'll be learning AWS from people who were there when it was being created.You'll join over 140,000 other students of the Sundog Education team who have leveled up their careers with hot technical skills.
As an added bonus, you'll be offered membership in a closed FacebookGroup for students of this course, where you can continue to collaborate with each other even after you've finished it.
Although this course isn't targeting any specific AWScertification exam, you'll leave it with a great foundation of AWS knowledge that will begin to prepare you for them.