What you'll learn:
- Recognise behaviors associated with learning, creative thinking, and visual thinking skills
- Identify behaviors associated with conceptual and systems thinking skills
- Recognise effective decision-making and problem-solving skills
- Recognise attributes of effective analytical thinking skills
- Understand behaviours associated with effective teamwork, facilitation, and teaching
- Recognise the traits of an effective leader and negotiator
- Recognise attributes of effective interaction skills
- Understand factors that may inhibit effective communication
- Identify characteristics of effective verbal communication
- Identify characteristics of effective nonverbal communication
- Identify characteristics of effective written communication
- Identify characteristics of effective listening
- Recognise attributes of effective communication skills
The Business Analysis Competencies: Personal Skills (IIBA-ECBA) is the 12th course of the Business Analysis Certification Program which includes a total of 14 courses. This course is the first in a two-part series on business analysis competencies, or underlying competencies, as they're called in the BABOK Guide.
These competencies represent skills and knowledge that all business analysts should have in order to excel at their jobs. There are six categories of competencies altogether, and in this course we'll be looking at three of them: analytical thinking and problem solving, communication skills, and interaction skills.
Analytical Thinking and Problem Solving
1. Creative and Visual Thinking
2. Conceptual and Systems Thinking
3. Decision Making and Problem Solving
4. Exercise: Analytical Thinking Core Competencies
1. Teamwork, Facilitation, and Teaching
2. Leadership and Negotiation Skills
3. Exercise: Interaction Core Competencies
Effective Communication Skills
1. Communication Skills Overview 2. Verbal Communication
3. Nonverbal Communication
4. Written Communication
5. Effective Listening Skills
6. Exercise: Communication Core Competencies
You can use this course to improve your business analysis knowledge and abilities and to obtain the certifications provided by the International Institute of Business Analysis.
That’s it! Now go ahead and push that “Take this course” button and see you on the inside!