Learn DevOps skills with rising demand. Continuous integration and continuous delivery in the AWS cloud
What you'll learn:
- Learn what is continuous integration (CI), continuous delivery and continuous deployment (CD)
- Learn why CI and CD is important (especially in fast paced startup environment)
- Maintain and version control database schema in an automated fashion via Sqitch
- Build an automated CI and CD pipeline with AWS CodePipeline, Jenkins and AWS CodeDeploy
- Learn how to setup automatic build and deployment notifications within AWS CodeDeploy
- Deploy AWS EC2 virtual machine instances
- Deploy PostgreSQL database in AWS RDS
Today the technology sector is experiencing a boom throughout the world. There are hundreds of startups launching every day. In order to move fast - these startups need people who are skilled at automating as much as possible. Mostly progressive startups - favor implementing completely automatedDevOpspipelines from the get go. They realize that these practices ofcontinuous integration (CI)andcontinuous delivery (CD)will yield tremendous benefits regarding speed and agility. The demand for these skills has been steadily rising over the last few years.
AWSCodePipeline and AWSCodeDeployis a highly scalable and configurabletoolset from Amazon AWSwhich enables us to build very sophisticated automated build and deploymentpipelines.
Jenkinsis an award-winning open source toolset which enables us to build very sophisticated automated build pipelines very quickly. It has extensive community support which has augmented the core functionality ofJenkinsby building and sharing hundreds of very useful plugins.
Implementing continuous integration, continuous delivery and continuous deploymentwith these tools and frameworkscan help us immensely in reducing the risk within our software development lifecycle. It catches us bugs early and increases the quality of our software products. This, in turn, reduces the overall cost to develop innovative software in any environment - startups and enterprise alike.
The demand for professionals who have experience with these tools has been growing steadily over the last few years. The salaries and consulting rates for these skills have also been rising and are only bound to go up as the demand for these skills remains steady or increases. Professionals with AWSandJenkinsexperience can demand as much as$130Kas their yearly compensation and these jobs pay more than majority of the jobs posted on USjob boards.
In this course we will:
- Learn aboutCI&CDand why it is important
- Learn about installing and configuring Amazon AWSEC2 machines
- Learn about installing and configuring PostgresSQLdatabase inAmazon RDS
- Learn about AWS CodePipeline,Jenkins and AWSCodeDeploy
- Build an automatedCIand CDpipeline
- Learn how to version control and manage relational database schema
- Run theCIpipeline to maintain build artifacts
- Learn how to configure automated build notifications