This is a course that will start from the very beginning of spanning tree and you will walk away with how it begins.
What you'll learn:
- Learn the Basics of Spanning Tree from Scratch
- Learn how Time-To-Live Works
- Learn What a Loop is
- Learn what a Single Point of Failure is
- Learn what Redunancy means
- Learn Why we need Spanning Tree
- Learn Why it is Called Spanning Tree
- Learn what BPDUs are
- Learn what a Root Bridge is
- Learn what a Root Port is
- Learn what a Designated Port is
- Learn what a Blocking Port is
- Learn what a Bridge-ID is
- Learn what Spanning Tree Cost is
- Learn what Spanning Tree Port-Priority is
- Learn how the Root Bridge Election Works
- Learn how the Root Port Election Works
You heard the words Spanning Tree, now it is time to understand what it is all about. We start with the very beginning, discussing how L3 uses a mechanism to prevent loops. We quickly find out that L2 does not have this mechanism and why Spanning Tree is needed. Then we enter the world of Spanning Tree. Exploring how spanning tree forms it topology and the election processes.
From there we enter into a step by step process, understanding how Spanning Tree starts to build its own topology. We learn about the Root Bridge, Root Ports, Designated Ports, Blocking ports, and so on.
If you want to really understand Spanning Tree, this is where you begin. I assure you that after you watch this 2.5hr lecture and take the 5 quizes, you will have a solid Spanning Tree Basics foundation.
This was a class that I ran and recorded. I took that footage and edited just for Udemy students. Please let me know how you like this course, for there is more to come.