What you'll learn:
- How to leverage the power of databases (in-memory, SQLite, and PostgreSQL) to upgrade your Python applications
- Prevent common pitfalls: avoid SQL injection attacks, store database credentials securely, and optimize the performance of your applications
- Understand how databases work and how to take advantage of their features from the ground up, by building multiple projects
- This is a no-nonsense, no-frills course on fully mastering PostgreSQL and how to use it effective within and outside of your Python apps
- Learn how to work with dates and times effectively in Python applications
- Produce engaging charts, graphs, and reports using database data
Master PostgreSQL and use it in your Python apps!
Python and PostgreSQL are two of the most in-demand skills in the world. After completing this course, you'll be confident in adding both to your resume/CV.
Everything you'll learn in this course is relevant to other database systems too, like MySQL, Microsoft SQL Server, or Oracle.
With this course, you'll master PostgreSQL and how to work with it from Python. If you use Python and you want to augment your skills with a database, you'll love this course!
Work with different types of databases (in-memory, SQLite, and PostgreSQL), and understand when to use each in your Python apps.
Build a programming journal project to add a SQLite database to your Python application.
Improve a database design incrementally so you're not bound by your initial design.
Model different relationships with PostgreSQL, including one-to-many and many-to-many.
Reduce errors by applying database changes using database migrations with Python and alembic.
Build a polling app to learn about advanced data analysis with GROUP BY, PostgreSQL window functions, and nested queries.
Work with dates and times in PostgreSQL, and avoid common timezone pitfalls.
Structure Python apps like a professional, to make development much easier.
Produce data analysis reports and charts using matplotlib with PostgreSQL data.
You'll also tackle advanced PostgreSQL topics, such as:
Async database connections
As you can see, you're going to learn a lot!
But this is a no-nonsense, no-frills course. We have planned, crafted, and edited every lecture to be concise and compact. No time wasted, so you can master PostgreSQL in record time.
We've created dozens of diagrams to explain database concepts, as well as code-along videos. But you won't just be watching me code! You'll develop the projects yourself first, to gain hands-on experience and master PostgreSQL.
Also, throughout the course, I provide data sets with challenges and exercises for you to practice what you've learned.
I've been teaching and helping students online for over 8 years, and this course is the culmination of my teaching experience. I know how to help you understand concepts fully and quickly, in the best way for you.
When you complete this course you'll be able to:
Extend your Python applications with database functionality using PostgreSQL.
Answer complex questions using data and generate reports.
List PostgreSQL as one of your strongest skills.
Check out the free preview videos for more information and to try out the course!
I'll see you on the inside!