What you'll learn:
- Deploy a multinode Pike OpenStack cluster on your computer consisting of a cloud controller and compute node
- Master OpenStack by doing several lab exercises that simulate production scenarios involving Software Defined Networking, Compute and Storage
- Learn to automate cloud resources by writing and running a Linux Shell script
- Master software defined networks by creating project & provider networks, floating-ip addresses, security-groups, routers & external gateways in the lab
- Learn to provision secure Internet connectivity to your OpenStack instances using the Neutron Virtual Router
- Learn the software architecture and components of Nova and Neutron
- Understand object storage and block storage service concepts
- Understand HOT and it's anatomy in the context of the OpenStack Heat service
- Learn about RBAC and token based authentication in Keystone
- Learn to create and update Heat stacks
- Understand the production deployment architecture of the OpenStack Neutron service
- Learn Swift architecture, features and how to create objects
- Describe the Neutron provider and project network topologies
- Learn advanced Nova features such as the Cells, Host Aggregates, Scheduling logic and Placement
- Learn how to create an instance and inject ssh keypairs
- Learn to troubleshoot OpenStack
- Learn about Nova cells and how to add nodes to cells
This course is designed toprovide a solidunderstanding of theOpenStack cloud. First, you will learn about OpenStack and its collection ofwebservices.Then you willattain OpenStack mastery by installing it on your Mac,Windows PC, aCentOS or UbuntuLinux systemand doing hands-on labs. Iwill teach you how to setup a "multinode" OpenStack cluster using the VirtualBox andVagrant software.After this, you canpractice hands-on,at your own pace, by building out several real-world lab scenarios.
Iwill walk you through everything step-by-step using my video lecturesand helpinresolvinganyissues you may face,using the Udemy Q&A facility. So, feel free to reach out to me anytime you have questions or run intoproblems. I have used my professional experience to make iteasy for you to grasp thedifficult OpenStack subject materialby illustrating complex concepts using simple andeasy to understanddiagrams and severallab scenarios.
We will get into the details of allthe core OpenStack cloud services and understand in-depth as to how things work using practice labs.
Why should you take this course?
You can take this course to,
a) Gain a new skill set in OpenStackand start acareerin an emerging field.
b) Advance your currentprofessionalcareer.
c) Preparefor the Certified OpenStack Administrator (COA) exam.
d) Attend technicaljob interviews on OpenStack.
This course hasseveral quizzes and practice tests that mimic interview questions.
e) Learn to operate and troubleshoota production OpenStack cloud.
Can you tell me briefly about the course?
First, you will get to knowOpenStack, its technology stack and architecture.
Then, you will learn in detail about the various core services.
After this, you willinstall a multinodeOpenStack cluster running thePike releaseon your computer.
(Both the WindowsOSand Mac OS X are supported. You're goodif you have either of these systemswith at least 4GBfree RAM).
You willlearn to troubleshoot OpenStack.
Then you will do severallabs on Compute, Software Defined Networking and Storage.
Through these labs,you will learn tocreateseveral OpenStack resources usingtheHorizon GUI, Bashshell scriptsand OpenStack Client.