Build continuous integration, continuous delivery and DevOps pipelines with Java, Gradle, Maven, Artifactory & Sqitch.
What you'll learn:
- You will get introduced to continuous integration (CI) and learn what it is all about.
- Learn why continuous integration is important (especially in fast paced agile environment)
- In any real world software project - databases are a key component. You will learn how to maintain and version control database schema in an automated fashion via RoundHousE
- You will learn how to build an automated continuous integration (CI) pipeline with Jenkins and its various plugins
- Build CI and CD pipelines using Jenkins, Gradle, Maven, Artifactory and corresponding plugins
- You will learn how to configure, secure and extend Jenkins
- The continuous integration (CI) pipeline will integrate the automated builds with Git repositories hosted in GitHub
- You will also learn how to manage the build artifacts which are produced by the continuous integration (CI) builds
This online DevOps course will teach you how to build sophisticated continuous integration and continuous delivery pipelines using Jenkins and many of its plugins. Especially the pipeline plugins.
This course is designed to teach you the ins and outs of Jenkins and setting up DevOps pipelines, even if you have little to no experience with it, to help implement these DevOps practices which will streamline your development processes.
Master Jenkins and pipeline plugins. Get familiar with advanced DevOps techniques and take your DevOps career to the next level.
While there are plenty of DevOps courses that focus on generic continuous integration and continuous delivery practices - it's hard to find a comprehensive course like this one, which focuses on using some of the most useful plugins in the Jenkins ecosystem.
This course is designed for all levels of DevOps practitioners who want to improve their skills, implement automation in their environments, and continue to be in great demand as DevOps engineers.
Just a few of the things you'll learn:
- Understand What Jenkins Is All About
- How To Install, Configure And Operationalize Jenkins
- How To Build Projects Automatically Using Maven
- How To Build Projects Automatically Using Gradle
- How To Manage Your Build Artifacts Using Artifactory
- How To Manage Your Relational Database Schema Using Sqitch
Improve Your DevOps Skills, Become More Marketable, And Make More Money
Regardless of what your level of experience is; whether you work in a small startup or large corporation - this in-depth course is designed to provide you with everything you need to take your DevOps skills to the next level.
Whether you are you using Java, Python, Node.JS or any other stack - a seasoned engineer photographer knows how to design, build and run advanced build and deployment systems which can perform build, test and analysis steps - all automatically. Jenkins is a tried and test automation tool written in Java - which provides all the bells and whistles necessary to implement these processes with ease. Not only that, Jenkins is very robust and scalable system which can scale to hundreds of nodes building many projects in a multi-user and multi-team environments.
By honing these skills, you will be chased by recruiters and companies who are looking to hire professionals with experience on Jenkins. This course shows you how.
Contents and Overview
This course aims at teaching software, IT and DevOps engineers what it takes to improve your skills, experience, and techniques to earn more money.
You will start with the basics and tackle how to install Jenkins. You will get familiar with the Jenkins plugin ecosystem and install a bunch of very useful plugins into the Jenkins instance. You'll then dive into the different hands-on exercises to implement advanced build and deployment pipelines using various build tools in conjunction with Jenkins, Artifactory, shell scripting, etc.
You'll learn about various other tools which work very well with Jenkins like Maven, Gradle, Sqitch, etc. You'll use these tools to master how to properly design an end to end build and deployment pipeline, which:
- Builds the source code
- Keeps the relational database schema in sync with the latest source code
- Manages the artifacts in a robust manner
- Helps you visualize the entire pipeline in a graphical format
- Helps you diagnose your DevOps pipelines by providing detailed diagnostic logs
By the end of this master course, your confidence as a DevOps engineer will soar. You'll have a thorough understanding of Jenkins and various other DevOps tools, and you can use them to their fullest potential to take small to large, simple to complex DevOps pipelines and be a part of this DevOps revolution and take your career to the next level.