Learn how to find comfort in stillness, handle distraction and keep the mind focused to reap the benefits of meditation
What you'll learn:
- You will know the difference between Concentration & Meditation
- You will know how to prepare the body to be comfortable and settled while practicing meditation
- You will know how to handle internal or external distraction while practicing meditation
- You will know 6 major types of meditation
- You will have a meditation journal started to track your progress and growth
This course starts with the most important FOUNDATIONSKILLS that students need to start an enjoyable meditation practice. This includes how to handle distraction, how to find a comfortable position and how to physically prepare yourself before meditation. Without these basic skills beginners can become frustrated and often give up ...thinking "Iam just not good at meditation". If you have ever had that thought then this course is for you! We will learn the skills and tricks that can help everyone to become "successful"meditators and reap the numerous benefits of regular meditation practice!
Once you have the foundation skills in place we will work through 6 common meditation techniques. Throughout this process we will also utilize the practice of "meditation journaling"to help us gain a deeper understanding of meditation &what technique is best for YOU!