Succeed as a Stock Picker or Financial Analyst by an Award Winning MBA Prof., worked @ Goldman, Hedge Funds & in VC
What you'll learn:
- Learn how to pick stocks by using easy to understand methodologies that professional investors at the top hedge funds and mutual funds use.
- How to come up with mutual fund investment ideas (longs - meaning buys) using an easy to understand top down and bottoms up research process.
- How to come up with hedge fund investment ideas (longs and shorts) using an easy to understand top down and bottoms up research process.
- Use templates and helpful methodologies created by Professor Haroun when he worked in the hedge fund industry to help you get a job, get promoted and pick stocks. The templates are all included in the course as well as Professor Haroun's easy to understand 8 step investment framework process.
- Identify crucial catalysts (timed events) in order to know when the optimal time is to buy or short a stock.
- Know exactly what a hedge fund is, the different hedge fund strategies, what it is like to work at a hedge fund, the pros and cons of working at a hedge fund, what shorting a stock really means, how hedge funds are structured and the who/what/where/why/when/how of the top hedge funds.
- Know exactly what a mutual fund is, the different mutual fund strategies, what it is like to work at a mutual fund, the pros and cons of working at a mutual fund, how mutual funds are structured and the who/what/where/why/when/how of the top mutual funds.
- Choose what buy side job you are most passionate about (mutual funds or hedge funds).
- Understand how investment banks (the 'Sell Side') can help you be more successful in a hedge fund or mutual fund career.
- Create easy to understand 1 page templates on why a stock is a buy or a short that you can use to help you come up with investment ideas. You can also impress your boss, clients, colleagues and potential clients or potential boss!
- Analyze and understand an income statement (even if you have no experience with income statements).
- Analyze and understand a balance sheet (even if you have no experience with balance sheets).
- Analyze and understand a cash flow statement (even if you have no experience with cash flow statements).
- We will do an extremely in depth professional investment analysis of LinkedIn using the investment methodologies used in this course (you will also have many exercises to complete that will help you understand modeling, financial statements and how to value companies).
- Understand and use modeling best practices so you can create financial models.
- Know where to get data in order to build a financial model (in depth understanding of identifying and using/navigating the best free websites and sources to build your financial model)!
- Create a financial model (projecting the future) for an income statement.
- Create a financial model (projecting the future) for a balance sheet.
- Create a financial model (projecting the future) for a cash flow statement.
- Understand valuation best practices so you can create target prices based on your financial models.
- How to use Discounted Cash Flow (DCF) and how to create the Weighted Average Cost of Capital and Terminal values in order to pick target prices.
- How to use P/E in order to pick target prices.
- How to use P/R in order to pick target prices.
- Other valuation methodologies, including EV/Sales, EV/EBITDA, P/B, EV/FCF, etc.
- Come up with a target price based on an average of several different valuation methodologies.
- Know the differences with how hedge funds and mutual funds value and model companies.
- Analyze the total addressable market for a company you are doing research on.
- Analyze financial statements using profitability ratios: Gross Margin (Cost of Goods Sold / Revenue), Operating Margin (EBITDA/ Revenue), Net Profit Margin (Net Income / Revenue), Return on Assets (Net Income / Assets) and Return on Equity (Net Income / Equity).
- Analyze financial statements using debt and inventory formulas: Debt to Assets (Total Liabilities/ Total Assets), Debt to Equity (Total Liabilities/ Total Equity), Interest Coverage Ratio (EBITDA / Interest) and Inventory Days on Hand (Inventory / Cost of Good Sold) * 365.
- Analyze and compare companies using the following formulas: Price / Earnings, PEG (P/E / Growth), Price / Revenue, EV/EBITDA, EV/Sales, Price/Free Cash Flow and Price / Book.
- How to interview management teams and tell if they are lying (based on training I received from 25 year CIA and FBI veterans).
- How to keep you and your family safe by discussing important compliance rules in the mutual fund and hedge fund industry.
- How to ace the mutual fund interview so you can get hired.
- How to ace the hedge fund interview so you can get hired.
- How to keep your boss happy at a hedge fund so you have a much better chance of getting promoted.
- How to keep your boss happy at a mutual fund so you have a much better chance of getting promoted.
- Politics to be aware of at a hedge fund.
- Politics to be aware of at a mutual fund.
- Excellent tips/secrets on how to get promoted at a hedge fund.
- Excellent tips/secrets on how to get promoted at a mutual fund.
- What is the role of a successful portfolio manager at a hedge fund?
- What is the role of a successful portfolio manager at a mutual fund?
** ACCORDING TO BUSINESS INSIDER: "Haroun is one of the highest rated professors on Udemy, so you can expect to be in good hands through the course of your education." ** He is the author of the best selling business course on Udemy this year called'An Entire MBA in 1 Course'
There are100 lessons in this course tohelp you understand how to pick stocks like professional investors do at mutual funds and hedge funds (even if you have no stock picking,accounting or finance experience)! Also, if you want to work or be successful at a hedge fund or at a mutual fund, this course will tell youhow to get a job, get promoted and how to excel at mutual funds and hedge funds.
Professor Chris Haroun has been profiled in Forbes Magazine and Business Insider and has raised and managed over $1bn in his finance career.He lovesteaching students about real world practical concepts with no theory.
Professor Haroun has more than20 years of finance analyst experience in several different finance sectors, including 5 years at Goldman Sachs, 8 years in the hedge fund industry at firms that include hedge fund giant Citadel and his own firm, 7 years in the venture capital industry (a venture firm he started had a private investment years ago in Facebook) and 4 years in the finance/tech industry at Accenture where he worked on the merger of Bank of America and Nations Bank as well as setting up an offshore bank for the Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce. His finance work experience has been all over the worldin countries that include the United States, England, Scotland, Canada, Japan, China, India and France. He has taught students in more that 160 countries and heis a well known business author of many books. His popularbusiness book:'101 Crucial Lessons They Don't Teach You in Business School'was written up in Forbes Magazine as"1 of 6 books that all entrepreneurs need to read right now."
Professor Haroun also has an MBA from Columbia University where he majored in Finance.
After taking this course, students should be able to understand how to pick stocks like a professional investor at a mutual fund or hedge fund as well as how to get a job, get promoted and how to excel at mutual funds and hedge funds.