What you'll learn:
- Setup kubernetes cluster in a jiffy with Google Kubernetes Engine
- Deploy micro services application and publish it to the world
- Setup internal dns based service discovery to inter connect services
- Dynamically scale application using auto scaling feature of kubernetes
- Roll out application updates without a downtime / achieve Zero downtime deployments
- Learn the basics of kubectl utility
Kubernetes is the gold standard in the world of container orchestration. It was originally created by Google, based on their experience of building and managing containers at scale ( at Google Scale). However its now driven by Cloud Native Compute Foundation ( CNCF), an open body, which also offers the official certification i.e. "Kubernetes Certified Administrator". Kubernetes comes with mind boggling features, is very reliable, and extremely sophisticated container orchestration engine. It can let you convert your infrastructure into a Container as a Service (Platform), brining in some of the awe inspiring features such as Zero Down Time Deployments, Fault Tolerance, Auto Scaling, Cloud and Storage integrations, which were extremely difficult to implement. And it brings it to the masses with its truly open, lock in free eco system.
This course would serves as the first step in your kubernetes journey. It would help you get started with Kubernetes quickly and build a foundation while learning by practicing it.