Design a board in 15 hours. Step-by-Step tutorial based on Arduino project (Altium)
What you'll learn:
- After this course, you will design your own Arduino like board.
Learning a basic board design is essential for everyone who would like to work in electronics or who would like to design electronic boards or products. Learning board design in the right software can open you door into many companies, help you toget a well paid job and can be used to design very complex and advanced boards.
Designa Real Board and Learn Essentials of UsingAltium Designer
- Draw your ownschematic
- Route yourPCB anddo layout
- Generate documentation needed to manufacture your PCB
Altium Designer is a PowerfulSoftware
During this course you will learn how to use Altium Designer software.Altium Designer is a professional software used to design all kind of boards, from very simple ones to motherboards or servers. Itis one of the most usedsoftwarefor electronic design. Learning Altium is usefulfor everyone planning or already working in electronics.
Contents and Overview
You will start withArduino Uno reference schematic. You will learnhow to re-draw theschematic,modify it, you will learnhow to improve it and how to do PCB layout. The course videos are step-by-step and even if you are new in electronics or you have never used Altium Designer before, by repeating these steps, you will design your own board. By the end of this course, you will create all the necessary documents needed to manufacture the board.
Within 15 hours you will learn how to:
- Draw schematic, including tips for component selection and importantcircuits
- Create components, drawschematic symbols and footprints
- Place components into your PCB
- Route PCB and useful tips aboutlayout
- Create 3D model of your board
- Create board variants with different components fitted / not fitted
- CreateBill of Material (BOM)
- Create assembly drawings showing position of components on the board
- Generate Gerbers, Pick and Place, Drill fileand other files needed for manufacturing
- Prepare professional documents needed to manufacture your PCB and assemble your board
- Bring your board to life, flash firmware and run a simple LED Blinkyexample
For everyone interested, the manufacturing documents created during this coursecan be used to build your board. Simply usePCB manufacturing data to get yourPCB, buy components from Digikey and solder them by yourself.
Enjoy this course :)