Learn how to start visualizing all your data directly in your code
What you'll learn:
- Make line plots in Python
- Make scatter plots in Python
- Make 1-dimensional and 2-dimensional histogram plots
- Customize your plots by adding colour and changing line styles
- Customize your axis by changing the tick labels
- Add custom titles and labels to your plots
- Add custom text to your plots
- Adjust the size of your figures
- Add a legend to your plots
- Be able to save your figures in a desired format to your computer
- Change the scale of the axis to better graph logarithmic data
Data and analytics are becoming increasingly important in our world and in modern day businesses. To start off with data analytics (and ultimately provide nice images of our results), we need to be able to plot our data, preferably in the way we imagine it in our heads.
Matplotlib provides many great plotting opportunities and methods for data visualization, and in this course we will be looking at some introductory methods for getting started with creating plots in Python.
Once we have a starting point for plotting data we can easily expand our knowledge to different areas to make sure we can best represent all of our data.