Master key brushstrokes that lie at the core of watercolor, oil, and acrylic painting.
What you'll learn:
- Gain a thorough understanding of a broad range of brushstrokes
- Develop a toolbox of strokes for reference when creating works of art
- Learn how each brushstroke impacts form
- Learn the history behind brushstrokes and paint application
- Expand your creativity by increasing your knowledge base
- Understand how brushstrokes are affected by painting medium
List price of $49.99 now $24.99
"I feel like I learned more watching and listening to this course than any other class that I've ever taken. Thank you!" - Bonny E.
Brushstrokes are at the core of being an artist,and an individual'sbrushwork isoneof the things that sets them apart from otherartists. Using her approachable, easy-to-understand teaching method and lots of hands-on activities, artist Jill Poyerd breaks down historic and contemporarybrushwork into twenty-two unique brushstrokes, using both oil and watercolor paint in her demonstrations.
This course ispart one of a two-part series and covers twelve of the twenty-two strokes.They are broken down by style of application and includea brief history, examples ofhow they'reused in masterpieces, visualdemonstrations, and student practice exercises. By combining technical learning with visual andhands-on examples, students will gain a thorough understanding of each brushstrokevariation. Part one covers invisible strokes, direct painting, strokes that use light amounts of paint, and strokes that use thick, impasto paint.
Note:Demonstrations are given in both watercolor and oil paint. Acrylic painters simply have to apply the knowledge depending on how they use that medium, whether thick (like oil) or thin (like watercolor).