Master key brushstrokes that lie at the core of watercolor, oil, and acrylic painting.
What you'll learn:
- Gain a thorough understanding of a broad range of brushstrokes
- Develop a broad toolbox of strokes for reference when creating works of art
- Learn how each brushstroke impacts form
- Learn the history behind brushstrokes and paint application
- Understand how brushstrokes are affected by painting mediums
- Expand your creativity by increasing your knowledge base
List price of $49.99 now $24.99
"I can see a noticeable difference in my painting since practicing these brushstrokes and putting it all together. I can now see more like a painter then before. Thank you for a fantastic course." - Kai Z
Brushstrokes are at the core of being an artist,and an individual'sbrushwork isoneof the things that sets them apart from otherartists. Using her approachable, easy-to-understand teaching method and lots of hands-on activities, artist Jill Poyerd breaks down historic and contemporarybrushwork into twenty-two unique brushstrokes from traditional to unconventional.
This course is parttwoof a two-part series and covers tenof the twenty-two strokes.They are broken down by style of application and includea brief history, examples ofhow they'reused in masterpieces, visualdemonstrations, and student practice exercises. By combining technical learning with visualandhands-on examples, studentsgain a thorough understanding of each brushstrokevariation. Part twocovers broken strokes as well asalternative application methodsand finishes with a five-stroke painting exercise.
Note:Demonstrations are given in both watercolor and oil paint. Acrylic painters simply have to apply the knowledge depending on how they use that medium, whether thick (like oil) or thin (like watercolor).