Dominate and take control of all the features that Palo Alto firewalls can offer to protect and secure your network
What you'll learn:
- Implement Palo Alto NGFW profiles and policies such as URL Filtering, App-ID, Antivirus and DoS to leverage Palo Alto's stateful security protection
- Enable IPsec Tunnel based VPNs and SSL-VPN configurations (Globalprotect VPN) for a cost-effective and scalable remote connectivity solution
- Configure dynamic and static routing process in Palo Alto's virtual routers and configure Network Address Translations
- Multi-Tenant or Multi-Context Deployment scenarios that provide logical segmentation between Virtual firewall instances in a traffic and control-plane standpoint
- Highly available Active-Active and Active-Standby configurations to provide always-on redundant firewall policing, inspection and routing services
- Enable Load Balancing and Floating Virtual IPs to leverage hardware resources and scale the firewall network architecture
- Perform day-to-day firewall monitoring and maintenance tasks such as firewall updates, PAN-OS firewall upgrades, and backup and recovery procedures
- Integrate Palo Alto firewalls into Panorama for central firewall management operations
Network security is not a choice; it’s a must! Palo Alto Networks is one of the top firewall platform choices when it comes to protecting and securing all your critical on-premise and cloud infrastructures. That said, it’s highly probable that you—as a Network Security Engineer—is or will be managing or deploying one in your own or your customers’ environments.
This training guide will help you fully understand what tools, features, and options your Palo Alto firewalls can offer to protect and enhance visibility in your network traffic. It has been developed by someone who understands that learning every possible aspect of a technology platform can consume precious time.
Why is this course perfect for you? It will get you from zero to hero in no time, so you can take full advantage of all of the features that the Palo Alto firewall platform has to offer. From initial policy configurations to configuring Nat and security rules to performing Active-Active highly available clusters, you’ll learn all there is required to set it up like a pro!
After completing this training guide, you’ll feel confident that you can take full advantage of all of the features of Palo Alto firewall and most importantly, keep the bad guys out of your network.
About the Author
Rene Cardona is a Network Solutions Architect with over 8 years of experience in core data centers and security infrastructure designs, architecture, consulting, and implementations. He has performed many security and data center architecture refreshes for major U.S. corporations in the logistics, retail, healthcare, and education fields.
He has provided expert insights during migrations from firewall platform vendors such as Palo Alto, Cisco, Fortinet, and Checkpoint. His vast proficiency experience ranges from Hyper-Converged Datacenter Environments, VXLAN, SDN, SD-WAN and Multi-Datacenter High Availability (MDHA) to Network Security (firewalls, Network Admission Control, and Network Security Architectures). He is currently in charge of securing one of the biggest shipping container terminals in the United States.