A deep-dive into the Microservice architectural style, and how to implement it with Spring technologies.
What you'll learn:
- Articulate the Microservices architectural style; its advantages and disadvantages
- Build simple Spring Boot applications utilizing web interfaces, REST interfaces, Spring Data, and HATEOAS
- Build Microservice applications utilizing the different Spring Cloud sub-projects, including Config Server & Bus, Eureka, Ribbon, Feign, and Hystrix
Microservices with Spring Cloud is an online workshop designed to help you learn the Microservices architectural style, and how to implement it using Spring technologies
This course provides a good, solid introduction to the topic of the Microservices architectural style, and combines this with practical experience gained by working through the exercises featuring Spring Cloud.
Along the way, this course will provides a brief introduction to Spring Boot and Spring Data (enough to get you familiar with these technologies if you have not been immersed in them already).
The course provides exercises that provide you with hands-on experience working with the various components of Spring Cloud.
The goal of this course is to serve as a practical guide through the Spring Cloud projects, so you can see how they are used to implement microservice based architecture.
By the time you finish this course, you will have gained the ability to articulate what the Microservices architectural style is all about, including its advantages and disadvantages.
You will gain familiarity with Spring Boot, and you'll see how to use it to build web interfaces, REST interfaces, and how to use Spring Data and Spring Data REST.
You will gain the ability to build microservice-based applications utilizing Spring Cloud technologies. You will learn about
- Centralized, versioned configuration management using Spring Cloud Config
- Dynamic configuration updates with Spring Cloud Bus
- Service discovery with Spring Cloud Eureka
- Client Side Load Balancing with Ribbon
- Declarative REST Clients with Feign
- Software Circuit Breakers with Hystrix.