Build and deploy Nodejs and MongoDB REST API apps while watching the lectures by the author of 11 books on JS/Node
What you'll learn:
- Build Node.js apps from scratch
- Know the most common core modules
- Utilize NoSQL database MongoDB in your projects
- Harness power of Express.js framework in your apps
- Be aware of the most common Express.js middleware
- Understand Node/Express stack (Jade, Stylus, Redis, etc.)
- Learn a few tips about Node.js in production
- Use Git for deployment to Heroku
- Deploy to Heroku
- Deploy to Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Build REST API servers
- Build an OAuth 1.0 application
Years ago, we were in the same boat, but we took the long route of learning from source code, books, blogs and free online documentation. We have put together the best information in the simplest way to help you learn about these systems. Basically, we are helping you to take a shortcut and save time, frustration and avoid costly mistakes by using the best practices available.
This is an online version of our two-day Node Program (nodeprogram dot com). The online course has recorded lectures, lively student discussions, quizzes, exercises, workshops, tutorials in the manual and lots and lots of code examples!
BONUS: You'll get NodeProgram live recording and Advanced Node live recording!