What you'll learn:
- Common Goal: To get a job as an Oracle Database Administrator (Oracle DBA)
- For New Graduates: To get a job as an Oracle Database Administrator (Oracle DBA)
- For College Students: To understand the basics of Database and RDBMS concepts
- For those with some IT experience: To get into Oracle Database Administration (Oracle DBA)
- For Information Technology Managers: To understand the basics of RDBMS so that they efficiently manage a DBA team
- For others: To understand the Database and RDBMS concepts
- To understand the fundamentals of Oracle Database (including Oracle 12c and Oracle 11g)
(Update on 18-Nov-2015 : Added additional lectures to keep this course updated with Oracle 12c Release 2. Also, if you just want to start with some basic theory before doing any hands-on lessons in here, please checkout the Section 'Concepts Illustrated' first.)
'Oracle Database Administration for Absolute Beginners' course explains about the basic concepts of Relational Database Management Systems (RDBMS). It will help you to become an Oracle Database Administrator(Oracle DBA).
Database Administrator is one of the highly sought after jobs in the IT industry. It is also one of the highly stable jobs as DATA is a vital part of every organization and they need that to be in the capable hands of a good DBA team.
This course is absolutely for beginners. This is applicable for those who would want to learn Oracle Database 12c as well as Oracle Database 11g.
This would be ideal for..
- those who are already in IT and would like to jump into the world of Database Administration.
- college students who would like to learn about Database concepts so that they can achieve high grades in their RDBMS related curriculum.
- college students who would like to get into Oracle Database Administration as soon as they finish their college.
- fresh graduates who are looking for a job in the IT industry.
- anyone with the determination of getting into IT in order to have a better career.
This course is mainly based on video lectures. However it also has theoretical sections for reference and LAB exercises for hands-on practice.
The course has been structured to start with videos explaining basic database concepts. They provide simplified real world examples.
Then it introduces Oracle Database Architecture. After that, it provides 'hands-on' video lectures about 'How to install Oracle Database 11g in your desktop or Laptop'. (In the bottom, there is also a section about 'How to install Oracle Database 12c' which is the newest version from Oracle as of now, which is Aug 2013).
It then explains about various Oracle Internals such as Storage Structures, Memory Structures, Database Objects etc.
Then it goes into operational aspects such as creating USERS, granting access, creating objects such as tables etc.
After that it explains about Backup/Recovery concepts and Dianostic Data.
Finally, there is a section of extensive video lectures about LAB sessions with examples. You can use those for hands-on practice, using the Database software that you would have installed (as explained in this course) in your PC/Laptop.
I would like to thank you sincerely for reading this and wishing you all the best..!
p.s: This started as YouTube video series. I experimented having my own background music initially. Later I removed the music, based on user feedback. So pardon the background music please :-(