Learn from a 30+ Year Data Expert
What you'll learn:
- How to use PowerPivot from a 30+ year Data Analysis professional. You will go from Beginner to Advanced
- Get familiar with the Excel Data Model and learn fundamental Data Modelling concepts
- Understand how to load data into the Data Model from a variety of sources, such as Excel Tables, External Databases and much more
- Learn how to use Pivot Tables in conjunction with PowerPivot including set up of Relationships
- What are measures and why they are so fundamental to PowerPivot and how to add implicit or explicit measures such as Autosum
- Working with Iterator functions such as TOPN and REATEDTABLE
- The importance of Hierarchies in a Pivot Table: Drill paths, Related columns and best practices with Hierarchies
- How to best leverage PowerPivot’s Calculation Engine using Data Analytics Expressions (DAX)
- Advanced data manipulation with the use of Context and Filter functions
- Use Time-Intelligence functions to manipulate data using time periods, such as days, months, quarters and years compare calculations over those periods
Data is growing at an alarming rate in many situations excel is becoming less of a viable option to deal with all of this data so what do we do? Does it make sense to immediately move to a database? Well, that comes with a lot of commitment and a lot of cost in terms of implementation and maintenance. However in the last decade a powerful alternative has emerged.
So before you move to a database you need to consider power pivot which has been described as Excel on steroids!
Picture this-you're used to dealing with large volumes of data and as it grows and grows and grows excel just slows down and grinds to a halt and it becomes very frustrating to get the outputs that you need well PowerPivot has come along and turned Excel into something like a database so we have a relational model, we have Data Analytics Expressions or DAX expressions to easily and quickly perform analysis on our large volumes of Data.
At Earn And Excel, we've created a course that is going to take you from beginner to advanced level with PowerPivot. Working with Ross Hughes who is a highly experienced consultant having worked with data in large companies for over 30 years. Ross distills his 30+ years of data and gives you not just technical advice on how to make the most of PowerPivot but also practical advice on how to work with data.
This course has the potential to transform your data analysis game and if you don’t feel it’s the course for you, then you can get a refund no questions asked.