What you'll learn:
- Understand and use Earned Value Management EVM, an effective performance management system in managing any type of project effectively.
- Manage projects using a proven, effective performance measurement technique.
- Work with contractors to define project objectives and develop a project plan and put it into action.
- Make project decisions concerning scope, cost and schedule parameters faster, more effectively and more confidently.
- Stay on top of schedules, budgets and human resources issues and delegate practically and fairly.
- Learn to avoid the pitfalls of project management by quickly identifying potential project risks and mitigate them as early as possible
This course demystifies project control tools, techniques and methodologies with emphasis on monitoring and control cycles for managing time and cost. The earned value management, a widely used methodology is covered in detail, providing an overview of everything from the fundamental principles to a step-by-step approach to apply earned value to projects.
Earned value management (EVM) is one of the most effective means available to manage project cost and schedule, providing early warning of likely cost and schedule variances from the baseline schedule and plan. After successfully completing the course, attendees will know how to take advantage of the Earned Value Management methodology, and how to apply earned value to improve the chances of success of the projects.