What you'll learn:
- Installing Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8 / CentOS 8 on a virtual machine
- Enabling / Starting Web Console Service cockpit from command line
- Managing User and Groups
- Managing Storage via Web Console
- Managing Software updates in the Web Console
- Connecting Network File System (NFS)
- Managing Remote Machines with Web Console
- Creating RAID devices
- Creating VDO storage devices
- Create Containers with podman , buildah , skopeo
- Create Containers with docker
- Enabling / Disabling SELinux from Web Console
- Configuring Static IP address on Network Interface
- Configuring VLAN on Network Interface
- Configuring Teaming
- Configuring hostname, NTP settings , power options
- Managing existing system services with systemd in Web Console
This course is a quick hand's on to managing Linux administration with easy to use Cockpit Interface. Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8 has adopted cockpit as a default web based interface for system management in latest release RHEL 8.
What is RHEL8 Web Console ?
The Red Hat Enterprise Linux web console is an open source project called Cockpit. it is designed for managing and monitoring your local linux system, as well as remote Linux servers located in your network environment.
How RHEL8 Management with Web Console help you ?
With RHEL8 Web Console , you can perform more daunting task in Linux administration with great ease, like storage management , containers management bothdocker container and new podman , buildah , skopeo , networking , system update and performance management and list goes on.
Who am I and why i choose to teach this course ?
Being Linux System Administrator for the past decade i have learned the hard way to manage Linux systems effectively. In this course and consequent courses my focus is to deliver the smart and easy way to manage Linux Environment and manage applications and servers with great ease.
This course will discuss different Linux administration tasks and demo how to perform those task with Cockpit Web Based Interface. This task-oriented training course covers
Installation of Linux RHEL8 / CentOS 8
Configuring Web-Console ( cockpit )
Gathering System Information
Performing Basic System Administration Tasks
Checking systemd Logs
Create and Manage Storage , Physical , LVM, RAID, VDO , Thin Logical Volumes
Create and Manage Network Connection , Dynamic IP , Static IPSetting , Bond , Teaming , setup
Manage Virtual Machines from Web Console
Create and Manage Containers from Web Console
Manage systemd services from web console
Kernel Dump (kdump)
Software upgrade and subscription
Connecting and Managing Remote Servers
By the end of the course you will be able to Install and configure RHEL 8 / CentOS 8 , perform all the major task of system administration with a simple and easy to use web interface without learning all the in-depth command line
Disclaimer : This is not Red Hat official course but can be helpful for those who wish to pursue RHCSA certification . I have designed this course for practical administration
Who this course is for:
Anyone interested in Enterprise Linux / CentOS
Linux users interested in learning System Administration.
Anyone interested to learn RHEL 8 the latest release of Red Hat Enterprise Linux Operating System