2020 Q4 Launch! Become an Analyst in a SOC Team post completing this course!
What you'll learn:
- This course will help build your technical competence so that you can start a career as an analyst in a Security Operations Center team
- You will go through an introduction of what a security operations center is, what are the branches within cyber security and the various job roles available within cyber security
- You will understand network concepts, network topologies and layered communication in this course
- You can formulate various mitigation strategies, phishing & firewalls, intrusion detection and prevention systems.
- You will learn the OSI Model, various mnemonics, protocol data units etc. You will go through the various layers in detail with real time examples and caselets. You will also learn the TCP/IP protocol suite, range of IPv4 & IPv6 and domain name system hierarchy.
- You will build your capability in information security attack vectors, phishing techniques, whaling and phishing mitigation.
- You will identify threats and possible breaches and collect audit logs for security and compliance. You will be able to conduct investigations and provide evidence.
The aim of this course is to prepare you to give a successful interview with a Cybersecurity firm for the position of Analyst in a SOC team. To fulfill this aim we ensured to build a curriculum that enhances your technical capability right from the basics. In the first few sections, we deal with the foundations and fundamentals of IT security, networking, and SIEM tools.
In this course we cover the below :
We briefly describe who this course is meant for - the target audience and we define what SOC is: the Security Operations center, what it does and can do and how it is relevant.
We cover why SOC is relevant and how it is an advantage to pursue a career in cybersecurity given the lack of quality resources available. We also share how we treat this subject for a newbie, how we teach from the fundamentals so that any layman can pick up the concepts and slowly build competence.
We cover the below curriculum that we have designed for you:
1)Cybersecurity basics and networking essentials
2)Security operations center essentials - SIEM - Part 1
3)Security operations center essentials - SIEM - Part 2
4)Security operations center essentials - Antivirus
5)Security devices - fundamentals
Post completion you will be confident enough to give an interview and crack it too!
*We will keep adding more sessions throughout the next few weeks to ensure the content is relevant and with the highest of quality.