Friendly guide to formulate and test statistical hypothesis. Engineering approach is adopted with lots of examples.
What you'll learn:
- Proper hypotheses formulation
- Understanding the test statistics
- Utilizing confidence intervals and P-Values
- Understanding of concerns about type I and type II errors
- Make usage of Minitab software to check hypotheses
- Use Matlab coding to check for hypotheses
In this course, students will be introduced to main aspects of statistical hypotheses. A simple engineering approach is adopted with several of examples to explain ideas. The course explains and develop skills toward proper hypotheses formulation and testing methodologies. Major points about hypotheses on the mean and variance of a population are covered.
Finally, we make the use of both Minitab and Matlab software to help us quickly perform our tests. Friendly tutorials are given with examples for both software.