Learn the principles of game design and game development fundamentals by developing board games
What you'll learn:
- Learn game design theory and apply it in a practical way to developing engaging board games
- Create / prototype your own board games as practice challenges throughout the course
- Be able to create a compelling experience for your players
- Quickly iterate and improve your game's design
- Be able to self-publish and publicly launch your own board game
- Come up with new board game design ideas and execute thoroughly on those ideas
Want to learn how to be a better game designer by applying the principles of game design toboard games? Learn pure game design with no game engine, framework or anything else. Just pencil and paper!
Do you have a great idea for a boardgame and need to know how to make it work?Do you have some ultra smartmechanics but need to figure out the perfect theme? Are you stuck trying to figure out where designers get their ideasfrom?
You're in the right place! We're here to help you communicate your game design into an excellent player experience.
Starting from first principlesand using fun projects we'll help you to make board games from scratch.You'll be having fun with your friends in just a few hours, and who knows - you may just make the next smash hit game.
Looking to create digital games? Check-out our other courses, just follow the green leaf.
Get plugged into our communities of amazing developers on Facebook (nearly 20k), in our own TA-curated Community (17k views/day), and our student chat group (10k live at any one time).