What you'll learn:
- Get a very deep understanding of unit testing
- Test real world node-js APIs with both unit testing & integration testing
- Become a guru at writing end to end tests for all sorts of applications
- Master mocking, stubbing, and common techniques of testing applications
- Understand when and how to use feature tests, unit tests, and end to end tests.
When Istarted learning how to test, everything looked so easy.
Assert 2 + 2 = 4 ?
Sure, piece of cake. But when I was faced with a real world application, this was terrifying. I couldn't catch up at my job. It was depressing. Ididn't understand what mocking was. Neither did Iunderstand topics like stubbing or spying.
That's why I created this course. You are going to start from scratch, understanding exactly what a test is, what an assertion is, what errors are, and then we'll move on to more basic topics like:
Test suites and organising tests
To master these concepts, we'll write unit tests for real world functions, and understand exactly how testing feels when working on a real world project.
There will be plenty of assignments and code reviews, to make sure you understand exactly what isbeing thought in the course.
After our feet are wet , and we can write basic tests, and after solving multiple exercises, we'll move on to a more real world approach, covering advanced topics like:
Feature / integration testing
Spying & stubbing
End to end testing