A fool will attempt to manipulate me with his ideas, while a wise man will persuades me with my own.
What you'll learn:
- Know why plants are often more persuasive than people
- Spot the ten worst and most popular methods of persuasion
- Recognize the motivations most humans have in common
- Understand how personality influences motivations
- Be able to give a two-question personality test
- Use questions and clarification to determine motivations
- Practice the Seven Physiological Steps of Persuasion
- Grasp the difference between Persuasion and Manipulation
- Develop the skills to delegate, negotiate, and set boundaries
The Power and Principles of Persuasion are often misunderstood. People tend to confuse manipulating, demanding, complaining, and advising with persuasion. This course examines why people so often fail to persuade, and provides practical tools that you can practice in order to become more persuasive. We look at what motivates others, the power of questions, the psychological steps of persuasion, as well as when attempting persuasion is simply not worth your time.