Everything you need to become a hirable WordPress Developer building custom themes and plugins
What you'll learn:
- PHP for WordPress - The Loop, Conditionals, Hooks and More!
- How to Work with Child and Starter Themes Like Pro
- The Ins and Outs of the Template Hierarchy - Always Know What File to Customize
- The Complete List of Template Tags To Use When Customizing and Extending Themes
- A Deep Understanding of How to Use Action and Filter Hooks to Programmatically Control WordPress
- A Solid Starter Template For Building Your Own WordPress Plugins
- Common Practices and Techniques for Building Custom WordPress Plugins
WordPress is the leading Content Management System on the market, powering a large percentage of the Web. The need for WordPress Developers who can build and customize themes and plugins is ever growing. Learn from one of the most recognized educators in the WordPress world, Zac Gordon, who has taught thousands of people now employed asWordPress Developers.
If you want to learn everything from customizingexistingthemes, building customthemes or starting to buildplugins, this course is for you. You will learn in depth howWordPress works under the hood, from template files and tags to hooks and internal APIs. If you are looking to build bigger and more custom projects withWordPress or just get a good job with a great company buildingWordPress projects, then this course is for you. Make sure though you can already build and style a basic web page with HTML and CSSas we assume you already know this and focus more on learning PHP.
When you learn the skills this course contains you will feel incredibly empowered to build almost anything you can imagine with WordPress. You should also feel confident working professionally in the field as aWordPress Developer.You will have built a theme and plugin along with the course as well as a theme and plugin of your own. Follow in the path of thousands of others of Zac's students who learnedWordPress Development and went on to do great work in the field.