INTENDED AUDIENCE: B.E/B.Tech, M.E/M.Tech, M.S
PRE-REQUISITES: 2nd year BE level course on Soil Mechanics or Environmental Science and Engineering.
COURSE OUTLINE: The courses discuss the following in detail:
• Concepts and principles of Geoenvironmental Engineering.
• Geotechnical aspects of planning and design of MSW and Hazardous waste Landfills
• Geotechnical aspects of planning and design of slurry ponds - ash ponds and tailing ponds.
• Geotechnical aspects of detection & monitoring of subsurface contamination and control & remediation of contaminated sites.
• Rehabilitation of waste dumps and geotechnical re-use of waste.