This four-week cohort will be led by John Johnson, Assistant Director at the University of Maryland. The cohort is geared toward learners in leadership positions. You'll learn how to become a better leader by understanding the principles and techniques that underpin modern product management. And you'll meet weekly via Zoom with your instructor and peers around the world to learn together. Join us!
What You'll Learn
This course starts by resetting on what is good leadership based on actual data and studies. From envisioning a product strategy to correctly portraying the product roadmap. One of the key findings is that a leader’s success is driven by their team, and how well that team aligns with the mission. We’ll also discuss the art of negotiating across departments and interests, and how to manage conflicts to resolution quickly through good leadership and problem solving. Finally we’ll turn to frameworks for organizing teams at multiple scales of product development.
- Product leadership as modern leadership
- Building and motivating the team
- Team processes, events, and the art of the demo
- Conflict management and resolution techniques for speed and effectiveness
- Product evangelism and communicating with data across the enterprise
- Discovering and delivering products at scale