• The value of forgetting
• Judicious use of rewards to motivate students (too many rewards can kill motivation!)
• How attempts to eradicate bullying can make matters worse
• How to avoid educational fads
• The hidden strengths of neurodiversity: Dyslexia, attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, autism, and
other syndromes that relate to learning
• How to use habits formed by the procedural system to help you with classroom management
• The power of lesson plans
This is like no other course on teaching—it weaves late-breaking insights from neuroscience with personal insights from the classroom to provide unexpected, yet practical, new approaches. You’ll discover how to bring out the best from all your students in today’s diverse teaching environment, where students often have a wide range of abilities.
Uncommon Sense Teaching will take your teaching to a higher level for whatever subjects you teach, whether math, physics, literature, dance, art, or anything else; and whether you are teaching K-12, university, business, vocational, or at home.
Join us today to move into the new era of education!