Why learn C? Not only is it one of the most stable and popular programming languages in the world, it's also used to power almost all electronic devices. The C programming language represents one of the building blocks of modern computer information technology.
Why learn C and not another programming language? Did you know that smartphones, your car’s navigation system, robots, drones, trains, and almost all electronic devices have some C-code running under the hood? C is used in any circumstance where speed and flexibility are important, such as in embedded systems or high-performance computing.
By the end of this course, you will have gained experience with programming concepts that are foundational to any programming language and be one step closer to a career in computer engineering.
Your job Outlook:
- Programmers, developers, engineers, managers, and related industries within scientific computing and data science;
- Embedded systems such as transportation, utility networks, and aerospace;
- Robotics industry and manufacturing;
- IoT (Internet of Things) used in smart homes, automation, and wearables.
- IEEE, the world’s largest technical professional organization for the advancement of technology, ranks C as third of the top programming languages of 2021 in demand by employers. (Source: IEEE Spectrum)
This course has received financial support from the Patrick & Lina Drahi Foundation.