The State of Ohio requires licensure candidates to have general knowledge of specific Ohio Department of Education standards. The College of Education and Human Ecology at The Ohio State University created this online course to help teacher candidates learn about these standards. What started out as a tool for Ohio State students has become a resource for many educator preparation programs across Ohio. We are pleased to offer this updated and simplified version to you and your students.OBJECTIVES
Learners in this course can expect to:
- Understand the Ohio Teaching Standards, what they are, and how they impact your teaching.
- Review the purpose and location of various Operating Standards documents.
- Develop a basic understanding of the Resident Educator program and its expectations.
- Examine the expectations of you as outlined in the Ohio Standards for Professional Development.
- Experience this course through the lens of new and different technologies.