This course gives learners an opportunity to explore data security in the cloud. In this course, learners will:
* Dive into the data services offered by cloud providers and compare their security features.
* Analyze a data breach and trace it back to the vulnerability that made it possible.
* Learn about database injection and aggregation attacks.
* Follow the life cycle of a data item and its relationship to privacy and integrity.
* Associate modern privacy requirements with US and European laws.
Organizing and Protecting Data
We organize our data into databases and structures to optimize our processing efforts. Data organization also impacts how we protect our data.
SQL and Data Breaches
Many systems rely on the Structured Query Language, and this has yielded some notorious security problems.
What Vendors Provide
Each cloud vendor offers a variety of data storage and structuring services. While each vendor has their unique jargon, most services fall into well-known categories. We will examine these categories and use them to review could provider offerings.
Data Privacy and the Cloud
Privacy regulations give individuals some control over data collected about them by organizations. International trade makes it important to fulfill privacy expectations of other countries and regions.