According to the Wall Street Journal, "All IT Jobs Are Cybersecurity Jobs Now."
In this course, we examine the concept of Red team - Blue team security professionals. You will practice Red team versus Blue team exercises, where one group of security pros--the red team--attacks some part or parts of a company's security infrastructure, and an opposing group--the blue team--defends against the attack. Both teams work to strengthen a company's defenses.
You'll learn how both the red and blue teams help the business attain a higher level of security, something the securityindustry is now calling the Purple team.
Module 1 Understanding the cybersecurity landscape
- The current cybersecurity landscape
- The evolution of attacks
- Understanding "Assume Compromise"
- Examples of compromises
Module 2 Red Team: Penetration, lateral movement, escalation, and exfiltration
- Red Team versus Blue Team
- Red Team kill chain
- Lateral movement
- Privileged escalation
- Execution of attacker's mission
Module 3 Blue Team: Detection, investigation, response, and mitigation
- The Blue Team kill chain
- Restricting privilege escalation
- On-premises network security
- Restrict lateral movement
- Attack detection
- Organizational preparations
- CIA Triad
- Developing a strategic roadmap
- Microsoft Security Response Center Exploitability Index