This course is for people:
- Who know they need to save but not how much.
- Who don’t know whether it would be better to put $100 in an IRA or to pay off $100 of their credit card balance.
- Who have never read their credit report.
- Who have both low auto insurance liability coverage and a low deductible.
- Who don’t know their liability coverage.
- Who don’t know what liability coverage is.
- Who would ever consider leasing a car instead of buying.
- Who own stocks but not mutual funds.
- Who own mutual funds but not index funds.
- Who don’t know what index funds or Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs) are.
- Who don’t know how much they are paying in mutual fund fees.
- Who are considering hiring a financial advisor.
- Who wonder how much savings they will need to retire.
You will learn the basics of personal finance: how to balance spending and saving, which debts to pay first, what insurance you need and don’t need, how to invest for retirement and other long-term goals. In addition to watching online lectures, you will be shown how to do practical “homework” assignments, including looking up the fees on mutual funds and requesting a free credit report.