In Week 0 we get to know each other and learn about the course.
Week 1: Inquiry and student-centred pedagogy
- We review dominant inquiry frameworks and examine general themes in technology integration in teaching and learning. We follow the process of a technology-integrated inquiry-based science lesson design.
Week 2: Designing Activities and Assessments
- We examine opportunities and challenges in designing technology integration in teaching and learning. A physics teacher reflects on assessment design in relation to the learning outcomes of a technology-integrated inquiry lesson.
Week 3: Collaborative learning
- Research and practice show barriers to engaging students in collaborative learning activities. We review challenges of designing for collaboration and examine design approaches to promote student engagement. A visual arts teacher explains his online collaborative critique lesson design
Week 4: Handheld/mobile devices
- We review various forms of handheld devices and examine where in lesson design and implementation can these devices be integrated. A biology teacher reflects on the design and implementation of a lesson that uses a mobile app.
Week 5: Knowledge co-constriction
- We examine design factors in promoting student-contributed knowledge. A math teacher and researcher share their collaborative experience in designing a statistics lesson that emphasizes knowledge co-construction.
Week 6: Inquiry Enactment
- We discuss challenges of classroom management and student engagement in technology enhanced/integrated learning and examine strategies to overcome such challenges. Teachers who shared their lesson design reflect on challenges they faced and decisions they made accordingly.