Docs for Health: Considering Social and Structural Determinants in Medical Care
Brown University via Independent
After completing this course, the learner should be better able to:
- Describe why providers are uniquely positioned to address particular social and structural determinants of health.
- Understand how to navigate Docs for Health, what resources are available, and how to find specific forms and letters.
- Identify applicable forms and letters through case examples and consider how to screen for relevant SDOH.
Method of Participation and How to Receive CME Credit
There are no fees for participating in and receiving credit for this activity.
- Review the activity objectives, faculty information, and CME information prior to participating in the activity.
- View the CME presentation recording
- Complete the CME activity evaluation at the conclusion of the activity in order to receive a credit certificate.
The Warren Alpert Medical School is committed to presenting CME activities that promote improvements and/or quality in health care and are developed free of the control of ineligible companies (formerly known as a commercial interest).It is our policy to ensure that our activities are balanced, independent, objective, scientific, and in compliance with ACCME and other regulatory requirements.
Anyone who is in a position to control the content of a CME presentation is required to disclose all financial relationships within the past 24 months with ineligible companies. This collected disclosure information has been reviewed and any potential conflicts of interested mitigated prior to the activity.
This activity may include discussion of off-label or investigative drugs uses. Speakers are aware that it is their responsibility to disclose to the audience this information.
Faculty Disclosure/Conflict of Interest
The following speakers and planning committee members* have disclosed the following:
Rahul Vanjani, MD has no financial relationships to disclose.
Emily Green*, PhD, MA receives royalties from Springer Nature.
Jennifer Maloney*, Chelsea Reyes*, Maria Sullivan, BS* have no financial relationships to disclose.
Disclaimer: This educational program is designed to present scientific information and opinion to Health professionals, to stimulate thought, and further investigation.