On Demand | No Longer Speechless - A Practical Workshop on Responding to Microaggressions in Biomedical Settings
Brown University via Independent
After participating in this program, learners should be better able to:
- Discuss interpersonal racism in the context of Critical Race Theory and the history of racism in the United States.
- Employ the LIFT method (Lights on, Impact vs intent, Full stop, Teach) for responding to microaggressions towards learners, patients, and colleagues
- Develop strategies to promote uptake of antiracism skills across the entire healthcare team
METHOD OF PARTICIPATION AND HOW TO RECEIVE CME CREDIT
There are no fees for participating in and receiving credit for this activity.
- Review the activity objectives, faculty information, and CME information prior to participating in the activity.
- View the CME presentations
- Complete the CME activity evaluation at the conclusion of the activity in order to receive a credit certificate.
In accordance with the disclosure policy of the Brown University CME Office as well as standards set forth by the Accreditation Council on Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), speakers have been asked to disclose any relevant financial relationship with the manufacturers of any commercial products and/or provider of commercial services discussed in any educational presentation and with any commercial supporters or exhibitors of this activity.
The intent of this policy is not to prevent a speaker with a potential conflict of interest from making a presentation but to identified openly so that the listener may form his/her own opinion. Any potential conflicts of interest have been resolved prior to this presentation.
This activity may include discussion of off-label or investigative drugs uses. Speakers are aware that it is their responsibility to disclose to the audience this information. Individual Faculty Disclosure information may be found in the conference handouts.
Faculty Disclosure/Conflict of Interest
The following speakers and planning committee members* have disclosed that they have no relevant financial relationships:
Vonzella Bryant, MD
Katherine Sharkey, MD*
Maria Sullivan, BS*
Disclaimer: This educational program is designed to present scientific information and opinion to Health professionals, to stimulate thought, and further investigation.