Understanding Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) is a Massive Open Online Course (MOOC), offering university-quality education about TBI covering the spectrum from mild concussion through to severe injury.
Traumatic brain injury is often described as a silent epidemic, with approximately 69 million cases occurring worldwide each year. The Understanding TBI MOOC is a free online course that aims to raise awareness and build knowledge to reduce risk, as well as improve management and rehabilitation outcomes for people who have experienced a TBI. A multidisciplinary team from the University of Tasmania, along with guest experts worldwide, looks at the causes and consequences of TBI, as well as the types of injuries and frequency at which they occur across the lifespan.
The Understanding TBI MOOC is designed to be accessible and is suitable for anyone with a personal or professional interest in learning more about Traumatic Brain Injury, including:
- Sporting coaches and sports association members
- Professional and amateur sportspeople
- Teachers and school administrators
- Risk and safety professionals
- Health policy makers
- Defence force staff
- Allied health, nursing and medical professionals
- Professional care and support workers
- People living with a TBI and their families
- Residential and community care staff
- Anyone interested in brain health and neuroscience