The Disciplinary Literacy for Deeper Learning MOOC-Ed will explore digital literacy, which is the ability to understand and use a range of digital technologies, a critical skill for today’s classroom. This MOOC-Ed is open to all educators in K-12 and postsecondary levels interested in learning more about disciplinary literacy for deeper learning. During the Disciplinary Literacy for Deeper Learning MOOC-Ed you will:
- Strengthen your understanding of what it takes to engage students in deeper learning through disciplinary literacy practices;
- Explore the model for inquiry-based disciplinary literacy and how it can promote deeper learning for your students;
- Engage in disciplinary literacy practices (e.g., close reading, digital learning, constructing and supporting claims);
- Experience multiple opportunities for personalized application of disciplinary literacy to your teaching context;
- Design, critically evaluate, and share inquiry-based disciplinary literacy lessons;
- Take action to become a leader by engaging others in disciplinary literacy practices.