Take the first step to exploring a career in sport and recreation by gaining an understanding of the different job roles within this industry. Pick up leadership and management skills and learn how to manage risks appropriately. You will also learn to plan and deliver a simple sport and recreation session focussed on your clients' needs.What will I learn?
- The types of jobs available in the Sport, Fitness and Recreation industry, and the qualifications required for these roles
- How groups function, and leadership skills you can use to help a group function more effectively, including:
- Understanding the stages of group development and how they apply to the Sport and Recreation industry
- The importance of giving and receiving feedback
- The basics of risk management theory and how to develop a risk management plan to suit a program or organisation
- How to plan and deliver a sport, fitness or recreation session
This course requires approximately 2 - 4 hours of study per week, but can vary depending on the student. This includes watching videos, and taking quizzes and assessments.
If you pass this course you'll receive a Certificate of Achievement. While this certificate isn't a formal qualification or credit, you can use it to demonstrate your interest in learning about this area to potential employers or educational institutions.Where could this lead me?
If you're wondering what your future could look like in this area, here are some potential careers you could head towards.
- Manager (Amusement, Fitness, and Sports Centre)
- Recreation officer
- Sports centre manager
- Coach educator
- Director of coaching
- Elite athlete coach
- Sports association manager
- Sports development officer
- Assistant sporting coach
- Athlete management officer
- Sports administration professional
- Aerobics instructor