This 2-hour long project-based course is an introduction to spreadsheets. We’ll be using Google Sheets in this project, which is the free spreadsheet program offered by Google. With that said, most of the concepts that you will learn in this project will be applicable to other spreadsheet programs, such as Microsoft Excel.
We will cover the following concepts in a hands-on manner:
- Basic data entry, formatting and calculations
- Relative and absolute cell references
- Basic functions: concatenate, split, sum, average, median, min, max, count, counta
- Advanced functions: vlookup, if, and, or, iferror, countif, countifs, averageif, averageifs, sumif, sumifs
- Dealing with error messages
- Conditional formatting
- Filtering and sorting
- Basic charts to visualize our data
We will end the project by applying these concepts and create a basic spreadsheet model that helps us analyze household expenses.
Note: If you don't have a Google account, you will need to create one to be able to complete the content.
This is a succinct practical course on working proficiently in Google Sheets, a program that I think beats offline spreadsheet applications in terms of the potential for simultaneous collaborative work. A highly recommend this Guided Project for those using spreadsheet applications routinely as part of their work/profession.
GOOD course. Had hands-on experience with spreadsheets. Instructor was clear and taught well. Learned many excel functions, and I am now keen on pursuing a degree in Spreadsheets. Thank you Alex!